The directors of RJA Architects have over 60 years experience in the construction industry combining Richard's established track record in educational, commercial and industrial sectors with John's expertise in Residential projects, Student Accommodation, Masterplanning, Retail and Healthcare.
Richard has over 40 years experience in the construction industry and founded RJA 20 years ago to offer a reliable, trustworthy, professional service to clients. Richard has developed a network of repeat clients who recognise his ability to deliver high quality designs that meet with client demands and expectations.
- Centre City, Smallbrook Queensway, Birmingham , new atrium and office space for London Life and Australian Mutual Provident.
- New computer center for `Dresdner Bank, Wood Street London
- No1 Hagley Road. Refurbishment and alteration of Reception, Scottish Widows Pension Fund.
- Offices and conference center for Coventry Training and Enterprise council and Chamber of Commerce. Binley, Coventry
- Sharp’s Bedrooms Ltd, New 100,000 sq ft production facility and offices, Springvale, Bilston for Kingspark Developments
- Book repository for Open University, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes for John Sisk
- Sharp’s Kitchens Ltd, New 75,000 sq ft production facility and offices, Springvale, Bilston for A&H Construction
- Farthing Court, Graham Street, Birmingham, 50 apartments for Penwood Developmenmts
- New 40,00sq ft warehouse production facility, Long Acre, Nechells for Ambermen Developments
- Friday Bridge, Berkley Street, Birmingham, 52 apartments for Crosby Homes
- Gas Retort house, Gas Street Birmingham, restoration of Grade 2 listed retort house
- New 30,000 sq ft offices and research facility for UKAEA Harwell, Prologis Developments and John Sisk
- Summer Row, Birmingham, new bars restaurants and office development behind existing façade for Town & Country Inns.
- Quayside Tower, Broad Street, Birmingham, major alterations to all floors and recladding multi storey office building for Kenmore Developments.
- New Library and classrooms, Handsworth Grammar School, Birmingham
- New Art department above existing 1960’s building for Handsworth Grammar School, Birmingham
- New GEM building for Oakwood Secondary School Nuneaton. Special needs unit with living spaces and assessment facility.
- New 6th Form Centre for Handsworth Grammar School completed December 2014
John has over 20 years experience in the construction industry ranging from masterplanning projects and large scale commercial projects to carefully designed smaller scale residential and educational projects. He was formerly a director of K4 architects/ Kinetic.
- Former Central Fire Station, Lancaster Circus for Watkin Jones Conversion of building and provision of new build block to create 450+ student bedrooms
- Huddersfield Masterplan & Planning consent for 700 student bedroom scheme for Watkin Jones
- Raglan Road
- for Sandwell MBC (High rise team) - New Build Housing to suit local needs for Sandwell Homes including internal covered street
- Lichfield Cathedral Cathedral Discovery Centre- a transparent waterside pavilion within a nationally significant conservation area within thesetting of the grade 1 listed cathedral
- Warwick Bar, Birmingham for ISIS Waterside Regeneration -masterplan to reconcile conservation, industrial heritage and social diversity near the city centre
- The Lumiere Building, Manchester for West Properties - a stylish, high density development of 138 new-build apartments with a courtyard on a city centre brownfield site
- Wilbraham Hotel, London for Cheval Properties - aparthotel with 33 units and leisure facilities in conservation area .
- West End Green, London for Waterfront Finance- 200 apartments, retail facilities, a 190-bed hotel and social housing
- King Edward VI Five Ways School, Birmingham new chemistry block & masterplan
- Reed Square, Castle Vale HAT, Birmingham new public square and surrounding buildings.
- Crown Lofts, Walsall 38 residential apartments, both newly built and refurbished
- Education and Media Centre, Cheltenham a new media hub, foyer and performance space
- Sittingbourne Retail Park, Kent a phased retail park with a range of units
- Healthcare PFI, West Berkshire a new mental healthcare facility £45m
- University of Southampton dedicated chemistry research facilities and a teaching block £10m
- NCH Edible Oil, Singapore commercial premises comprising a factory and office buildings £10.5m
Consultant Architect and former director of Turner Woolford Sharp - Rob offers exceptional design and presentation skills and produces considered architectural designs that meet the clients expectations.
Senior Technician with extensive experience of delivering diverse projects to tight timescales and budgets .